I was pleasantly surprised to find out that two of my blogger friends: Virginie Pronovost of “The Wonderful World of Cinema” and Summer Reeves of “Serendipitous Anachronisms” nominated me for the Liebster award.I want to thank them for their kindness and support for this new blog.
So,according to the rules I am answering the 11 questions asked to me.
My first set of answers are to the questions asked by Virginie and the second one is for Summer.
1- If you had the chance to play any movie character, which one would you have choose?
Newland Archer in Martin Scorsese’s The Age of Innocence.
2- Which movie made you discover the world of classic films?
“Casablanca(1942)” by Michael Curtiz
3- What are your three most favorite decades in films?
My favorite decades are :1930s,1940s and 1970s
4- With whom do you watch your films?
I love watching films alone.
5- What movie star do enjoy the most listening to their interviews and why?
I love watching the interviews of Tina Fey,she is funny and awesome.
6- What do you think was the best screenplay ever written and why?
This is a difficult one.I think the screenplay of “The Apartment” by Billy Wilder and I A L Diamond will one of the contenders.The characters,the lines,almost everything was top-notch.Even props like “the broken mirror” was used perfectly.
7- You have the chance to visit one movie set during an entire day and discover its secrets. Which set do you choose?
I think it would be fascinating to spend a day on Stanley Kubrick’s 2001:A Space Odyssey.
8- You try to convince someone to watch classic films. What is your major argument to convince him or her?
I think a major reason for why some people are not attracted to watch classic films is because they are in black and white but I think the plot synopsis is a great way to make it more appealing.People are attracted to good stories.The classic films are repleted with good stories.
9- Is there a movie everybody has seen you are ashamed to admit you never saw it?
Yeah, I haven’t seen “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy yet.
10- Do you own some movie posters? If yes, which ones?
Yes,I have posters of “My Man Godfrey”,”Full Metal Jacket” and “Letter From An Unknown Woman”.
11- You are invited to a costume ball and you have to dress up as a movie character or a movie star. Which one do you choose?
I think Alex from “A Clockwork Orange” only because white shirts and trousers are easier to get and so is fake eyelash.
- What movie have you seen more times than necessary? “The Royal Tenenbaums” by Wes Anderson.I have seen it countless number of times.I totally love this film.
- What movie scared you? “Carrie” by Brian De Palma
- What do you wish they would adapt or re-adapt to cinema? I wish the novels of “Graham Greene” is adapted and re-adapted properly.
- Are there any forthcoming films or TV shows you are excited about? Alyssa Rosenberg has made me excited about the new tv show “Survivor’s Remorse.”I am looking forward to that.I am really looking forward to watch “Carol” starring Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara and the new Tarantino movie only for Ennio Morricone’s background score.
- What are your favorite Shakespeare-ish films (Derivative work)? I would say Kurosawa’s “Throne of Blood” and “Ran”
- What’s your favorite movie about show business? Fellini’s “Eight and A Half”
- What’s your favorite documentary? Steve James’s “Hoop Dreams”
- What’s your favorite movie score? “Cinema Paradiso” by Ennio Morricone.Here is a sample.
- Why did you start blogging? To express my love for movies,to participate in the dialogue about them.
- What do you think is the nicest thing you’ve discovered about blogging? The blogging community is extremely kind and the love many people have for movies is inspiring.
- What are your other interests?I love reading fiction,rock music and traveling.
My nominations for Liebster award are:-
- The Sporadic Chronicles of a beginner blogger by Zoë.
- Smitten Kitten Vintage by Rhonda
- Girls Do Film by Victoria
- EmmakWall by Emma
- Defiant Success by Anna
- Le of Critica Retro
- Ramblings of A Cinephile by Marta
- Pfeiffer Pfilms and Meg Movies by Paul S
- I Heart Ingrid by James Miller
- Moon in Gemini by Debra Vega
- Goose Pimply All Over by Tonya
My 11 questions are :-
- Which is your favorite film of the 70s?
- Which is your favorite adaptation of a novel?
- Which is your favorite Western?
- Which film have you seen the most number of times?
- Which is the first film that you have seen in a theater?
- Which are the five DVDs/Blu-rays in your personal movie collection which you will never give to anyone?
- Which is your favorite animation film?
- Which movie star you’d love to go on a dinner with?
- Which is your favorite movie soundtrack?
- Which is a film that you will recommend that you think not many have seen?
- Who is your favorite film critic?